Monday, February 2, 2015

Post Processing Challenge February

The January winning image - (you can see the voting here)


The February challenge: This is a picture of an intersection located in downtown Somerset, KY.  This is looking down the alleyway from the judicial center.  I call this one "Bank Alley" since it contains three different banks.  Being that we both work in the banking services industry I thought the shot was perfect for us both to process.  Below is the unedited straight out of the camera shot:

The shot was made using a technique referred to as HDR.  I choose this technique since there were some deep shadows and some bright highlights.  HDR shots are comprised of three or more differently exposed shots and then digitally blended together.  I also used a technique called photo stacking to increase the sharpness of the shot.  Essentially I took three exposures while being focused on a near object and then I took and additional three exposures, but focused on a far way object.  This increases the items that are in focus throughout the entire shot.  To save space I've posted below the three different unedited exposures straight out of the camera shot:

Properly Exposed

Overexposed Exposed

Under Exposed

Below are the two processed final images from the picture above. I processed one and Mike processed the other.  Which one is your favorite?

IMAGE A - Click to view a larger version

IMAGE B - Click to view a larger version
CAST YOUR VOTE:



IMAGE A
IMAGE B
Poll Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment