Saturday, September 10, 2011

Inspiration Sources


I think all photographers (amateur and professional) are constantly looking for inspiration; which can be found in numerous locations. I thought I would share where I find inspiration online, and if you’ve got a site you find inspiration please feel free to share.

-   Flickr – I owe a lot of my knowledge about photography from my contacts on Flickr.
-   500px – Flat out an amazing site and just oozing inspiration!
-   Vimeo – There are some really talented photographers making some wicked videos.
-   Digital Photography School – has some great articles on a variety of photography topics.
-   Joe McNally’s Blog – Joe is a lighting genius!
-   Scott Kelby’s Blog – This is a blog that I visit each weekday, and if you don’t know who he is, then you really need to go there now!
-   Chase Jarvis’ Blog – Chase is very interactive with his readers and his work is mind blowing.
-   Zack Arias’ Blog – Amazing what he can do with just one light.
-   Joey L’s Blog – A young photography phenom; and his Nikon Girl video is hilarious!
-   Moose Peterson’s Blog – Moose has some great wildlife and landscape work.
-   DTownTV – The run seasons of weekly videos all about photography covering a wide range of topics. I’ve  picked up a bunch of great little tips to really improve my work from here. I’m a BIG fan!
-  Photofocus – The blog is run by Scott Bourne who does some great work and he post regularly.
Jonathan Palmer – A photographer in KY who has some really great work and his video work, in particular, of the UK Wildcats is really nice!
-   Vincent LaForet – Vincent is a master at DSLR HD video work.
-   BMoore Visuals – Brad is Scott’s assistant and he has some amazing concert photography work.
-   Outdoor Photographer – All things landscape and wildlife.
-   Jeremy Cowart – Simply an artist all respects.
-   Dave Hill – If you are into HDR, then you’ll love Dave’s work.
-   GlintStudios – My all-time favorite photographer I’ve discovered on Flickr, plus he’s from KY.
-   Canon Digital Learning Center – It’s got great info even if you are not a Canon shooter.
-   Glen Dewis’ Blog – He does some amazing post processing and has several instructional videos.
-   James Quantz Jr. – His work speaks for its self.
-   PhotoTuts – Has some good articles from time-to-time and some nice sets of different types of photography.

Well hopefully you've found a view sources for inspiration that you didn’t already know about. Be sure to share your inspirations sites as well in the comments.       

No comments:

Post a Comment